BA SA Promotion
PAGE 3 OF 41. This Competition is organised by Rent a Car Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 1 October 2017 until 31 October 2017 on the Avis South Africa website (www.avisba.com/ZAcompetition).
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
5. The Competition commences on 1 October 2017 at 00h00 SAST and ends on 31 October 2017 at 23h59 SAST (both days inclusive).
6. There are 10 (ten) prizes to be won in the total, each consisting of 15,000Avios to be supplied by British Airways. It is up to each winner to decide how he / she wants to redeem the Avios . More information on redeeming Avios can be found on the British Airways website (www.ba.com). Avios are issued and redeemed in accordance with Avios’ standard terms and conditions and all bookings are subject to availability. The winners are deemed to be aware of and accept all said terms and conditions. Additional administration costs may apply, where applicable, for which the winners will be liable. The Promoter, British Airways and Avios shall not be responsible for any charges incurred if booking amendments and / or cancellations are required once the Avios have been redeemed.
7. To participate in the Competition, participants must:
7.2 Make and pre-pay for a reservation for an Avis car between 1 October 2017 and 31 October 2017 on the British Airways website (www.ba.com) for a car group C or higher for 2 (two) or more days for collection and return between 1 October 2017 and 31 January 2018 at any rental location worldwide. Participants must ensure that their British Airways Executive Club membership number is entered in the reservation.
Multiple entries are permitted and every pre-paid reservation qualifies as 1 (one) entry into the Competition, subject to the aforementioned participation requirements being met. .
8. The winners will be announced on the Avis South Africa website (www.avisba.com/ZAcompetition) on 18 November 2017 until 7 January 2018 (both days inclusive).
9. The winners will be determined by way of a random draw to be conducted by representative/s of the Promoter to take place by 15 November 2017. All participants meeting the eligibility requirements as specified in paragraph 7 above will be entered into the draw. To qualify for entry into the draw, the reservation must be made between 1 October 2017 and 31 October 2017 and the car collected and returned between 1 October 2017 and 31 January 2018.
10. The prize winners will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winners may be required to provide a copy of their identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying their identity. Personal information will be taken, where necessary, from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the Competition and all participants and winners, as the case may be, thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the Competition without liability to the Promoter, British Airways, Avios or such third parties The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the participants’ and prize winners’ personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
11. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should a winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
12. All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, British Airways, Avios, a marketing service provider of this Competition, their subsidiaries, holding companies and any subsidiaries of their holding companies (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter, British Airways, Avios or marketing service provider of this Competition.
13. The Promoter will endeavor to contact each prize winner once every day for 5 (five) consecutive working days after drawing his / her entry. If the Promoter is unable to reach a winner for whatsoever reason during the period, the prize will be forfeited and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
14. Following successful notification by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph 10 above, the Avios will be credited to each winner’s account 40 business days of selection of the winners as per the date specified in paragraph 9 above and confirmation thereof provided to the winners.
15. The prize is strictly non-transferable and may only be awarded to the persons named as the winners. No substitution, cash redemption, credit alternative or assignment of the prize is permitted. No change, credit or cash will be awarded on any unused portion of the prize. The prize cannot be sold for cash or other consideration or auctioned on the internet. The prize cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or certificate and, where applicable, other restrictions may apply. The Promoter, British Airways and Avios are not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason if the specified prize becomes unavailable.
16. The Promoter is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to the Competition misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the Competition.
17. The Promoter may require the winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winners are announced. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
18. Promotional materials form part of the Competition rules.
19. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.